Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Sedona Dress

When I started thinking about what the cub needed for summer I definitely focused on shorts and tops, figuring that would be the majority of what she'd wear. But recently I realized I want her to have a few more dresses too, both casual ones for every day and a few nicer ones for church. So I'm setting out to remedy that a little, starting with this blue cotton Sedona dress.

The Sedona dress is a new pattern from Little Lizard King that I helped test for. It's such a quick sew because it's a dolman style (yay, no setting in sleeves!) and no closures. It has a v neck front and the sweetest little scoop in the back.

I was a little nervous while sewing it up that it was going to be too plain, but I ended up absolutely loving it. It has a simple, classic look to it and it's so easy for her to wear and run around it. This type of non-fussy dress is exactly what I wanted for her.




The uncooperative running from me continues. This is why everything I make needs to have a cute back. ;)

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet dress for summer! Looks like it will be nice and cool to wear when the hot humid days of August arrive. It reminds me a bit of the clothes Karin Larsson (wife of Swedish artist Carl Larsson) would make for her children in the early 1900s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet Annika in a darling dress. You should be so pleased.
    I like the style a lot.

    ReplyDelete