Saturday, September 30, 2017

A Layette set for Violet

I already shared the embroidered baby shoes that I made for my niece, and finally finished the entire ensemble!

This is for a darling little girl named Violet, and perhaps this color is more lavender, but the little embroidered flowers are meant to be violets. Being named after a flower myself I appreciate using little flower motifs to personalize instead of tacky personalized keychains (especially as I have never found one with my name on it).

The shoes are Twig and Tale's Wayfarer shoes, which are simply perfect for embellishing with embroidery. I love the little ribbon tags to assist in putting them on. Just darling.

The bonnet is the Storybook Woods bonnet by Alicia Paulson. I love the shape of this bonnet and plan to make many more. I made it so it is technically reversible, though I can't imagine not wanting those sweet little flowers showing.

The little dress is the Geranium dress by Made By Rae. This has become my go-to dress for baby gifts, it is so quick and comes together nicely. I did a little fabric treatment to the bodice to make a little tucked chevron design. My original plan was to do a chevron tuck design like I did for a baby dress last year, but my thread didn't match as well this time and I ended up deciding I liked the back side of my tucked pieces instead, so I decided to make it work and went with it! The fabric is a linen blend, it is very soft and I like the feel of it. I used the same cotton print to line the dress bodice and the inside of the little shoes.

This was a bit of a labor of love with the embroidery, but very worth it. I love the end result.

I made everything 3-6 month size, so I hope it all fits around the same time!




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful embroidery! I love the sweet design of the dress, very simple and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just darling! Glad I got to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete